For our final installment in our Spring Clean Blog Series we decided to focus in on one of the most often forgotten spaces to clean! Your mind! Studies have shown that taking time to reflect and clear your mind has enormous benefits.
It can reduce stress, improve concentration, and increase overall happiness! Sometimes it can be hard to take a moment to yourself, shut off your phone, and just breathe. That is why we’ve compiled a list of some of the best, and easiest ways to zone out and focus inward.
- Take a walk. Seriously it is as simple as that. Unplug, leave your devices at home and just walk around outside. Take special note of your surroundings, nature, and your breath.
- Listen to some calming music before bed. Personally, this is one of my favorite ways to wind down. Spotify has a great playlist called “Deep Focus” that is designed to help you relax and concentrate. Let yourself reflect on your day, let go of anything that was bothering you, and hold onto those good moments as you begin to drift off.
- Journal – Writing down your feelings surprisingly puts a lot of things into perspective. You are able to get things out that have been pestering you all day or write down anything you want to remember.
- Meditate! There are so many apps available now to actually guide you through your meditation. Headspace is great for beginners and incorporates short, 10-minute exercises that will help you build it up into a regular practice.
- Stay for Savasana! Or final stretch. Working out regularly gives you time to yourself even if you are in a room full of people. Each of our classes have an element that allows you to reflect on your day, your practice, and ultimately take a few moments to focus on the mind.
Cleaning up your mind doesn’t have to be hard and there are so many options available. Try a few of our suggestions or let us know your favorite ways to destress, meditate, and clear your mind.